Become a Spaceteams Crew Member
Working in teams is the foundation of our company. As a new crew member, you will become part of one of our teams, which implements challenging projects with and for our customers and partners. We are currently mainly active in the e-commerce environment, but we are not limited to this field and always look for new challenges. Though we won’t be working within the military or gambling sector.
Each of our full-stack teams consists of 4-7 software developers and 1 agile team coach. We pay attention to a good skill mix of frontend, backend and platform experts. Due to our planned growth, new teams will be formed and we make sure they consist of very experienced as well as motivated new employees.
About your job
We think and act as a team!
With us you will...
- be part of a team that takes responsibility and ownership
- design, plan and write software with your team and the product owner
- participate in choosing the technology stack for the project
- support and accompany our customers and partners in the creation of their product vision and, for example, adapt the business processes of the company in addition to building the software
- continuously improve and shape the organizational and working methods of your team through regular syncs and retrospectives
- actively contribute to the culture of our company by getting involved in internal projects if you are interested, for example our Spacetime, further development of organizational projects or in recruiting
- can develop software professionally
- have a university degree in computer science, software engineering or something similar
- have profound knowledge in either React.js and TypeScript or Scala or Kotlin (or several of them)
- have experience with agile methods and want to actively shape processes and the culture of your team
- would like to further develop yourself and share your knowledge with your colleagues
- are a team player. You feel comfortable in groups of people, enjoy supporting your teammates, like to share knowledge and help others with problems
- have good communication skills in German and English
- are motivated to realize projects as a team unit
- have a valid EU work permit and are not averse to moving to Hamburg and, as of now, a full remote position
We are not tied to specific technologies, but select those that are most suitable for the current project together.
We're constantly expanding our knowledge, so our toolchain is changing as well. These are the technologies we currently like to use:
- Language: Scala, Kotlin, TypeScript
- Tooling: Git, Gradle, NPM, SBT
- UI: React.js, Redux, Preact, Vue.js, Vuex
- Backend: Node.js, Koa.js, Akka HTTP
- Persistence: MongoDB, DynamoDB, Postgres
- Search: Solr, Elasticsearch
- Platform: Docker, AWS, AWS Lambda, Kubernetes, Terraform
- Architecture: Serverless, SOA, Microservices
- Monitoring: ELK, Datadog, Grafana, Prometheus
Evolve, experiment, learn: it's spacetime!
- Spacetime - you can use up to 20% of your working time to improve your professional skills
- we pay you a fair salary in a range of 45.000 - 70.000 EUR gross
- premium hardware of your choice (incl. high-end laptops, height-adjustable tables and ergonomic chairs) for your home office as well as a virtual office (WorkAdventure) and weekly 1on1s with your team lead
- 30 days holiday and flexible working hours
- 75 EUR gross monthly for the cost you have while working from home
- Conferences, barcamps, workshops
- employer-funded pension
- team events and feel-good packages
Lifelong learning is very important to us. That's why we coach our employees to actively participate in our "Spacetime" training concept. During the Spacetime you can use up to 20% of the weekly working time to expand your technical as well as non-technical skills.
Experiment with new technologies, build a prototype, contribute to open source projects, improve your presentation skills or learn about leadership - we are open to your ideas and accompany you in your personal development.Our culturePsychological safety:
We value a positive work environment so that every team member feels safe to share their ideas and opinions constructively.
Communication and remote work: Communication at eye level is particularly important to us. Since we are currently working completely remotely, we found a way to stay well connected through our virtual Spaceoffice WorkAdventure. Everyone can see who is ready to talk and who does not want to be disturbed at the moment. We also love short decision paths, so you don't have long runs to team leads and the CEO.Team dates:
We also like to chat about things other than work and meet up every day before lunchtime in our virtual kitchen. To see each other in person, we meet monthly for evening team events where we undertake different activities together in the Hamburg area. Every 2 months we meet on Fridays for our Spacetime breakfast, where we combine exciting discussions and lectures with a delicious brunch.Assuming responsibility:
Since we are a young company, we invite our employees to actively participate in shaping the future of Spaceteams.Party:
We celebrate great achievements and milestones! It doesn't matter whether it's a party with everyone involved in a rented location or whether one of us has found the most bugs in one code and is therefore awarded the Spaceteams Bug Hunt Cup, we always find something to celebrate together!Shit happens:
A healthy error culture is important to us, so it's totally OK to make mistakes, to fall flat on your face and get up again. This is the only way you can learn and grow beyond yourself.Join us!
We are currently in a fully remote mode due to the pandemic. It is planned that we will move to an office in Hamburg so everyone can benefit even better from the interaction of experienced developers and ambitious newcomers in our teams.
We look forward to hearing from you!
If you have any questions about the job or the company, Magda looks forward to hearing from you:
Tech Recruiting Manager
+49 40 524 784 305